Early Registration 2015

blog-early-bird-2015-patchIt’s time for this year’s early bird – the Atlantic Puffin! Early Registration for the 2015 Girl Scout year is April 12–June 6. Everyone who registers during Early Registration will receive a free Early Bird Patch that features the puffin. Patches will be distributed at the service unit level.

Register Early to Get Discounts at the Shop All Year

Individual members who participate in Early Registration will be also automatically enrolled in a special monthly discount at the shop that runs May 2014–April 2015. This means that all Early Registration members will receive an email each month with a discount on a particular product for a limited time. The monthly discount is exclusive to only those who register during the Early Registration time period, so don’t miss out. Please note: Emails will start the month following your registration, so if you’d like to get all 12 month’s worth of special shop discount emails, we recommend that you register by the end of April.

May 20% off any one item
June 20% off any camp-related item
July 20% off any apparel item
August 20% off any one item
September 20% off official polos
October 20% off any jewelry item
November 20% off any River Valleys branded merchandise
December 20% off any gift item
January 20% off any cookie item
February 20% off cold-weather gear
March 20% off any item with green in it
April 20% off water bottles and mugs

How to Register

To register, visit our Join Us page and click on “renew your membership online.” If you are a troop leader, you can register your whole troop at the same time. Families can also renew together as well.

If you have any questions about Early Registration or renewal, please reach out to our Customer Care team by phone or email – 800-845-0787 or girlscouts@girlscoutsrv.org.

Do to a system error, some of our members have received a broken renewal link. If you are one of those members, we apologize and ask that you also reach out to our Customer Care team if you need help.

1. Paige O'Keefe says

Thank you for sending out this type of communication. It’s greatly appreciated. Last year I both called and emailed the council asking for improvements in communication. This announcement gives us leaders ample time to prepare our schedule as well as ask our parents to give input concerning troop finances. Thank you for listening!

2. Lynne says

if they are already registered and deposit made…do they still get the patch?

• Girl Scouts River Valleys says

Hi Lynne- A staff member from our council will be reaching out to you to clarify and address your question.

3. Lorelei Rein says

As registrar for our Service Unit, I would have liked to have known about the early registration webinars :( Is there any way I can now access the information that was provided?

• Girl Scouts River Valleys says

Hi Lorelei- We’re sorry that you didn’t receive our communication. We sent out an email to all Registrars on March 12 and you were on the list. You can contact Janis.Reidlinger@girlscoutsrv.org if you’d like to verify that we have the correct email address for you. The webinar has been added to our website on the Registrar page: http://www.girlscoutsrv.org/volunteers/service-units/registrar/

The webinar recording and the information on the Registrar page should include all the information you’ll need. Thanks for supporting Girl Scouts as a Registrar!

4. Shelley says

When will you be posting the webinar?
    Our registrar apparently did not receive the information and so did not attend. The summary does not detail the email flowchart which would be very helpful to her.

By the way – I think this is a great process you are establishing.

5. Jennifer Leholm says

I cannot find the re-registration guides for troop leaders and family members as detailed in the 2015 Early Registration information sent to Registrars. I found the videos, but not the user guides. Will you please post the link when they are active? Thanks!

6. Jennifer says

The above link to the renewal page doesn’t work… If people renew on the regular registration page will they still get the patch?

7. Brenda says

The Renewal page link above does not work. HOw much is the registration fee this year?

• Girl Scouts River Valleys says

We apologize for the error in the Renewal link. We have updated the post with the correct link. To register, visit our Join Us page and click on “renew your membership online.”

8. Kari says

What is the process for getting the badges once the troop has renewed in the ebiz system? Thanks.

• Girl Scouts River Valleys says

Hi Kari, patches will be distributed to Early Registration participants at the service unit level.

9. Michelle Wilson says

My daughter is a Juliette. Since we are not a troop, or attend Service Unit meetings – how would we be able to get the early bird patch? Can it me mailed to us?

• Girl Scouts River Valleys says

Hi Michelle, One of our staff members will connect with you about sending you a patch directly. You can also stop into one of our service centers to pick one up.

10. Deb Rubash says

I had a reminder for early registration in my email today. Went to site…said underconstruction so couldn’t renew. Suggestions???
    Deb Rubash

• Girl Scouts River Valleys says

Hi Deb, We’re sorry about that. Some of our registration systems were temporary broken, but everything should be working today.

11. Rhonda says

I am the registrar for one of the service units and I have not received the early bird patches yet. When were they supposed to be mailed out.

• Girl Scouts River Valleys says

Hi Rhonda, A staff member should be reaching out to you via email regarding the patches.

12. Melanie Accola says

I am the assistant leader for two Troops. I registered myself, my two daughters and the majority of our Troops on April 30th. Some of those families received the discount coupon for May, but I did not get one for myself and my daughters. I’d presume if we all registered the same time we’d all get the discounts?

Can you check into this for me.

Thank you! Melanie

• Girl Scouts River Valleys says

Hi Melanie, we’re sorry you didn’t receive the email. We had a little trouble getting out the emails to some individuals and we have resent the email. Please let us know if you didn’t receive that one.

13. Erin says

I am a troop leader of 12 daisy girls. Please bring back the 20% off troop coupon. These individual coupons are nice, but we depend on the troop discount to get us through. We work hard at cookie sales, but live in a girl scout saturated, lower-to-middle class city; my girls are young, making door to door sales and outdoor cookie booths in freezing weather like we had again this year very difficult. In addition to that, as daisies we aren’t allowed to participate in any additional money making events (except Fall Product Sales…which we did!). Loosing the 20% off troop coupon is hurting us. PLEASE bring back the 20% off troop coupon. Thank you.

• Girl Scouts River Valleys says

Hi Erin, Thanks for your feedback. We take volunteer and parent feedback into consideration when planning for future years. The August discount can be used towards books or uniform. We’ll also have someone from troop support reach out to you for more assistance.

14. kristine jones says

I’m trying to renew my daughter’s membership online, but I can’t seem to find the page to request the grant for her troop dues online any longer. Can you help me with a link, please?

• Girl Scouts River Valleys says

Hi Kristine, Sorry you’re having a bit of trouble. Someone from our staff will be reaching out to you for help.

15. Jennifer says

I don’t see my troop info so I can only register my daughter and myself. I had to wait until the last minute to hear from all of our girls but now I can’t register any of them from my log in like I usually can and it is too late to get assistance. Can someone please reach out to me and help us? We were trying for the Early Bird registration. Thank you!

16. JoAnn Frankson Troop #55365 says

Help! I can’t get two of my girls registered. I registered myself and my 2 daughters, but when it came to two girls in my troop it says there is a DAta Base timeout error. Can they still get the early bird incentives if I call you on Monday?

17. Girl Scouts River Valleys says

Hi Jennifer and JoAnn, someone from our staff will be reaching out to you regarding your questions.