The Girl Scouts River Valleys Board Development Committee is seeking recommendations for the four seats open for the 2015 Board of Directors. If you know qualified candidates who share a passion for developing girl leaders, we need your referrals. There is also one seat open on the Board Development Committee.
To apply, please complete the Prospective Board Member Questionnaire.
Girl Scouts River Valleys’ Board of Directors guides the overall philosophy and direction of the organization. To build the best possible board, we need to find the most qualified candidates. We are seeking volunteers who:
- Bring a mix of talents, ages, ethnic backgrounds, races, genders and geographic locations, as well as a mix of corporate and community experience.
- Balance their talents, skills and backgrounds to leverage the diverse perspectives and views of members throughout the council.
- Are influential and well connected in their workplaces and their communities.
- Have strong leadership skills and a solid understanding of board governance responsibilities.
Please note: Recruiting priorities change each year based on the composition of the board at that time. Previous experience in Girl Scouting is highly valued but it is not a requirement.
How to Refer a Candidate for River Valleys’ Board of Directors
- To learn more about the responsibilities of a board member, view a copy of the River Valleys’ Director-at-Large job description and River Valleys Board Development Committee job description.
- To recommend a candidate for consideration fill out the Board Candidate referral form.
- To receive copies of the job description and referral form by mail, please contact Joan Borowiec at 651-251-1209 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommendations are due no later than September 3, 2014. This allows the Board Development Committee time to review your recommendations as part of the candidate pool for the slate to be elected in January 2015.
Comments are closed on this blog post. Please contact us if you have questions or comments for our staff.