Home : News : Register Early + Save in the Shop

Register Early + Save in the Shop

Girl Scouts Early Registration Patch

Troops can earn a special one-time 20 percent coupon to any of the eight Girl Scout Shops and an early registration patch when at least 50% of girls and at least one leader from the troop register early (early registration is April 1–May 31). Discount coupons will be emailed to troop leaders within two weeks of the troop’s processed 2014 registrations. Coupons will apply to the entire shop purchase and will be good through September 30, 2013.

Filed under: GSRV Council . Tagged: , ,

1. Sandra L. Smith says:

What is the bird on the Early Bird Patch?

2. Girl Scouts River Valleys says:

Hi Sandra- It’s a ruby-throated Hummingbird, and it’s feeding on purple coneflower (echinacea). Thanks for asking!

3. Sandi Wintz says:

I have a troop member who is a senior in High School. She graduates in June – how can I get her a Lifetime Membership for her Bridging to Adults?

4. L S says:

When we register early how do we obtain the patch? We registered early last year and never received one.

5. Kristina says:

When will the 2013/2014 registration forms be available on the website?

6. Girl Scouts River Valleys says:

Sandi, L S and Kristina, thanks for your questions. All 2014 Early Registration information will go live on April 1 when our Early Bird Registration campaign kicks off. The girl and adult 2013–2014 registration forms will be available at that time. All currently registered twelfth grade graduating girls will receive a direct mailing with lifetime membership information in late April or early May, and we encourage them to work with their troop leaders to use money left in their troop account to purchase lifetime memberships before September 30. Service unit registrars typically distribute early registration patches. Please contact Janis Reidlinger if you have any additional questions.

7. Bert says:

After registering, when does the troop receive the 20% Early Bird discount and when can they use it?

8. Girl Scouts River Valleys says:

Discount coupons will be emailed to all re-registering troop leaders of a qualifying troop (at least 50% of girls and at least one leader registers early) within two weeks of the troop’s processed 2014 registrations. Coupons can be used by each troop only once, will apply to the entire shop purchase and will be good through September 30, 2013.

9. April says:

Will the price of registration for next year be $12 or $15?

10. Girl Scouts River Valleys says:

Hi April- Girl Scouts of the USA indicated that their delegates approved a national membership dues increase from $12 to $15. The change in national membership dues begins with Early Registration, which starts April 1.

11. Nancy says:

Do 50% of the girls need to register by May 31 in order to get the early bird registration patch, or does any girl who registered by the 31st get the patch?

12. Girl Scouts River Valleys says:

Hi Nancy- All girls who register by May 31 will receive the Early Bird Patch.

13. Amy says:

Can the 20% coupon be used on the Basics in a Bag kits?

14. Amber says:

Can I register part of my troop now and then more next week and still qualify for the discount? As long as we are registered by the 31st of May? Or do I need to do all of the girls at once?

15. Girl Scouts River Valleys says:

Hi Amy- Yes, the 20% shop coupon can be used on all items in a single in-shop purchase, which includes Basics in a Bag kits.

16. Girl Scouts River Valleys says:

Hi Amber- Yes, the 20% coupon will be generated as soon as the troop re-registers at least 50% of the girls and one leader by May 31. It makes no difference if members register one at a time or all together.

17. Terri Siebert says:

Tried to sign on to GS Website tonight with info from last password change email. it didnt work and I could not reach anyone at the council for help… Can my 3 Ambassador girls still earn the early bird patch anyway??

18. Girl Scouts River Valleys says:

Hi Terri- We checked your records, and it looks like you successfully added your three Girl Scout Ambassadors on May 31. Please connect with your service unit registrar about the patches.

19. Jackie Jiran says:

I am very disappointed that the coupon expired so early this year! My troop is second year brownies so we didn’t need guidebooks or uniforms. Rather, we have just worked out the patches that we will earn this year and I now find out that, unlike last year, the coupon has expired in September. Why even have an expiration date? It’s a one-time coupon, so I would ask that you allow troops who earn this coupon to get the full benefit of it. I have, instead, been focusing on organizing/recruiting for the service unit this year and have missed this cutoff. Perhaps I should not do that next year so that I can focus on my troop. Very, very disappointing!