Home : News : Higher Award Reminders + Resources

Higher Award Reminders + Resources

Girl Scout at Award CeremonyThe Girl Scout Gold Award and Silver Award are the highest awards in Girl Scouting.

Report Deadline Approaching

To be recognized at the 2013 Silver Award and Gold Award Ceremonies, girls must submit their final reports by March 1. Final reports submitted after March 1 will be recognized the following year. As a reminder, project proposals are accepted year-round.

Silver Award + Gold Award Workshops

Attend one of our upcoming award workshops and discover what it takes to earn the highest awards in Girl Scouting. Learn about the resources available to you through the council, review award information, brainstorm with other girls and identify possible project opportunities in the community.

Upcoming Workshops

Filed under: Awards . Tagged: , , , ,

1. Kathy Bennett says:

I am a troop leader of 51109. I have seven girls who have earned their silver award and who will participating in the upcoming ceremonies. Would you kindly confirm that they will be receiving their silver award pin during that ceremony and that I do not need to order one for each of them. Would you also kindly confirm which pin it is that they will be receiving, i.e., the sterling silver or the other pin.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Kathy Bennett

2. Girl Scouts River Valleys says:

Kathy, Girls will receive the Silver Award pin at the upcoming ceremonies, and arrangements can be made for girls to receive their pins if they cannot attend. The pin given is the silver plated version.

3. Kayla Meyer says:

I was wondering when the next going for the gold webinar or seminar is taking place? Thanks.

4. Girl Scouts River Valleys says:

Hi Kayla- The next webinar is on August 20. For more information on Higher Awards, you can also visit this page.

5. Jennifer David says:

Hi!

When is your next Going for the Gold Webinar? I have a girl scout who wants to get started on her project. Thanks.

Jennifer

6. Girl Scouts River Valleys says:

Hi Jennifer- Great to hear that you have a Girl Scout that’s already excited about beginning her project! You just missed our most recent training on August 20, but there will be one scheduled every month starting in October. Dates and registration for one of these sessions will be available on September 1. In the meantime, you and your Girl Scout can get started by checking out our Higher Awards page.

7. Laura says:

You said August 26 that there will be training every month starting in October, but upcoming workshops on this page are only through May. Please update.

8. The link to the Gold Award committee application doesn’t work. Error message indicates that it should be gsrv.org/volunteers…, but it is looking for gsrv.orgvolunteers…

9. The Silver Award Program kit has an error, on the “Is it Silver? Project Examples” page. There are two examples (Erin and Natasha) combined under Example 3; they should be split in two (examples 3 and 4) and the others should be changed (Jessica is 5, Cassandra is 6).

10. Girl Scouts River Valleys says:

Laura, thank you for reporting the issue of the Award Committee link not working. I have fixed that link, and you can get to it here as well.

Thank you also for reporting the issue in the Silver Award Program Kit. I will make sure that this gets re-edited soon to fix the issue.

We don’t typically update past blog posts with new events. You can always find the most up-to-date event listings by visiting our Events page. Here’s a link that goes directly to our list of Gold Award-related events. I will update this post to make sure people know to see our event listings for more current information.

11. Laura Feierabend says:

Thanks. This is the first page that comes up when you do a google search “gsrv higher awards”, I guess I didn’t realize it was a blog. Perhaps it would be helpful to have a page for higher awards that is maintained, with links to current information.

12. Girl Scouts River Valleys says:

We have a page about Gold, Silver and Bronze awards in our Girls + Families section, and it has a feed of these events: http://www.girlscoutsrv.org/gold-silver-bronze-awards/.

13. Molly Miller says:

To Whom It May Concern:

What is the deadline for completion of Silver Award? I have seen August 30 and September 30 before freshman year of high school. Please clarify.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Molly Miller

14. Molly Miller says:

To Whom It May Concern:

I believe I found my answer. According to the Silver Award Guidelines revised February 2014, the deadline is September 30. Is that correct?

Thank you.