Use your Girl Scout knowledge to help the Alumnae Association. We are looking for volunteers to help in a variety of ways:
Serve on an Alumnae Association Committee
Time commitment for each committee varies.
- Young Alumnae Retreat (recent high school/college grads)
Help with an Alumnae Association Event
- Forever Green Breakfast, March 2013
- Networking event, Spring, 2013
- Regional events for adult recognition, May 2013
- Summer Camp Days for alumnae and families, Summer 2013
If you are interested in any of the above Alumnae Association volunteer options, please contact Stephanie Klenk at 800-845-0787, ext. 1266.
Girl Program Volunteer Options
Welcome to the Flower Garden Journey
Help Girl Scout Daisies dig their way into their first Journey, the Daisy Flower Garden. Volunteers will assist with set-up, clean-up, registration and leading/assisting with activities. Three dates and locations to choose from. For more information, please contact Nicole Huebner-Briese.
- November 10, 1:00–3:30 pm, Woodbury, MN
- December 1, 1:00–3:30 pm, St. Louis Park, MN
- January 19, 1:00–3:30 pm, Stillwater, MN
Brownie Quest Journey Day
Lead girls and adults as they join Brownie Elf on her quest. Volunteers will assist with set-up, clean-up, registration, giving directions and leading activity stations. Multiple shifts available. For more information, please contact Kayla Schmalz.
- November 3, 10:00 am–3 pm, White Bear Lake, MN or St. Mary’s Church, Olivia, MN
- December 1, 10:30 am–3:30 pm, Eisenhower Community Center, Hopkins, MN
- January 20, 2013, 1:00 pm–6 pm, Prior Lake, MN
- January 26, 2013, 10:00 am–3 pm, Elgin, MN or New Ulm, MN
Agent of Change Journey Overnight
Assist Girl Scout Juniors as they discover their own super powers and those of their sister Girl Scouts. Volunteers will assist with set-up, clean-up, registration and leading/assisting with activities. Volunteers with experience in drawing or drama are especially encouraged. Multiple shifts available. For more information, please contact Sarah Kuenle or Mary Thompson.
- November 17, 9:30 am–4:00 pm, Hutchinson, MN
- December 1, 9:30 am–4:00 pm, Falcon Ridge Middle School, Apple Valley, MN
- January 20–21, 2013, 3:00 pm–2:00 pm, Camp Lakamaga, Marine on St. Croix, MN
- February 17–18, 2013, 3:00 pm–2:00 pm, Camp Elk River, Zimmerman, MN
Overnight 2-in-1 Adventure
November 3–4, 3 pm–6 am, Owatonna, MN
Assist Girl Scout Juniors as they discover their own super powers and those of their sister Girl Scouts. Then help them use those powers to start a Bronze Award project. Volunteers will assist with set-up, clean-up, registration and leading/assisting with activities. Volunteers with experience in drawing or drama are especially encouraged. Multiple shifts available. For more information, please contact Rachel Hoben.
Membership volunteer options
Regional Community Troops
- Multi-age level troops (Daisy, Brownie, Junior)
- Meet in public locations
- Open to drop-in
- A team of volunteers delivers Girl Scout programming
- On-going support is provided to volunteers
Service Unit Cookie Manager
Tonka Waters East Service Unit, Minnetonka area
Partner with River Valleys to promote, coordinate, and implement the River Valleys Cookie Program Activity within the Tonka Waters East Service Unit. Help make the Cookie Program Activity rewarding, fun and successful for every girl and volunteer. Training is provided.
Interested in volunteering for one of our regional community troops or as a Service Unit Cookie Manager? Please contact Wendy Walton at 651-251-1230 for more information.
Women of Distinction Luncheon
April 18, 2013
Hilton Hotel, Minneapolis, MN
The fourth annual Girl Scouts River Valleys’ Women of Distinction luncheon will honor women in our community for their leadership, professional accomplishments and community contributions. If you are interested in volunteering for this event in either a planning capacity or as a volunteer on the day of the event, please contact Stephanie Pommier at 651-379-4774.