Are you ready to party Girl Scout style? Pull out those fuzzy slippers and sleeping bags, and join Girl Scouts from across the country for a brand new kind of cookie fun and learning during the first ever National Cookie Sleepover on January 12, 2013! To help your troop prepare for this epic event, River Valleys is providing a Party in a Bag.
Order a Party in a Bag For Each of Your Girl Scouts
Online registration has now closed. Please call 800-845-0787 to place an order by Friday, January 11.
What is the National Cookie Sleepover/Party in a Bag?
The National Cookie Sleepover is a unique opportunity to get your Girl Scouts ready for the upcoming Cookie Program at the same time as thousands of Girl Scouts around the country. The Party in a Bag is only $5 per girl and will give leaders the tools to help motivate their Girl Scouts to reach cookie goals. The Party in a Bag will also feature a comprehensive activity plan with step-by-step instructions to earn a Cookie Business badge/leaf based on your troop’s grade level.
Party in a Bag Kit Will Contain
- Grade-level specific activity plan to help prepare for your event which includes
- Instructions on how to set up your sleepover
- Easy to follow activities to take your girls through the steps to earn a Cookie Business badge/leaf
- Fun patch (one per girl)
- 3D glasses (one per girl; you can order additional 3D glasses for the adults)
- DVD of 3D video created by Little Brownie Bakers (one per troop); the 3D video will work on any TV or computer as long as the girls are wearing the 3D glasses
- Cookies! (one package for every four girls; packages will be randomly assigned (Thin Mints, Trefoils, Samoas or Tagalongs) if a Girl Scout in your troop has allergies to a particular variety, please alert River Valleys staff when you pick up your kit
- Angie’s Kettle Corn (7 oz. bags) generously donated by Angie’s Artisan Treats (available while supplies last)
Celebrate a successful Cookie Program by coming to a concert on May 4, 2013.
Great news! Due to the overwhelming number of girls signing up for the National Cookie Sleepover, we have added a second concert. Both concerts will be on May 4, 2013, at the Minnesota State Fair Grandstand. Troops will be placed in either the first or second concert based on the order in which they signed up for a Party in a Bag.
We can’t announce the artist yet, but we will release the name in January.
Each troop will also be provided with enough adult passes to cover the appropriate adult to girl ratio for events per GSUSA regulations.
Two non-related adults (at least one of whom is female) to every:
Plus one adult to each additional:
|Daisy||6 girls||4 girls|
|Brownie||12 girls||6 girls|
|Junior||16 girls||8 girls|
|Cadette||20 girls||10 girls|
|Senior||24 girls||12 girls|
|Ambassador||24 girls||12 girls|
Please order your Party in a Bag kits early! Please note the dates below.
Kits available on or after
|November 16||December 17|
|December 10||January 7|
|January 7||January 9*|
*Due to the long lead-time required to order the patches, Party in a Bag kits ordered after December 10 may not include the fun patches if they are not in stock. However, an additional order of patches will be made, and the patches will be available starting February 4.
The final date to order Party in a Bag kits is Monday, January 7.
How to Order
Order your kit by selecting your pickup location or delivery option of choice from the list at the top of this page. The Party in a Bag kits are $5 per girl. In your ordering, you will need to include the number of girls and the Girl Scout grade level of your troop. If picking up the kit from one of the locations listed below is inconvenient, you may choose to have the kit shipped to your home address for an additional charge.