Your troop will have a chance to enter an online lottery to participate in the Girl Scout cookie booth at the Great Girl Gathering! We are celebrating our 100th birthday at the Mall of America March 10-11, 2012.
From the lottery, 14 troops and eight Juliettes will be selected randomly by grade level to participate.
Note: River Valleys’ Product Program staff will support troops in the cookie booth and River Valleys will provide all cookie inventory (all eight varieties). Troops may not bring their own inventory to sell at this event.
Requirements and Eligibility
- Current registered River Valleys troops are eligible for this opportunity.
- All girls who participate must be registered Girl Scouts.
- The adults who participate do not need to be registered members.
- In order to be eligible, your troop must bring four Girl Scouts and three adult volunteers. If your troop cannot commit to bringing four Girl Scouts and three adult volunteers, you may pair up with another interested troop in your area. Please note: council cannot coordinate pairing of troops.
- Troops cannot bring more than four girls to participate in the booth.
- Girl Scout Brownie, Junior, Senior, Cadette, and Ambassador troops or Juliettes may apply.
- Troop must be available for a two hour 15 minute time slot (15-minute orientation included) on either Saturday, March 10 or Sunday, March 11.
- Morning and afternoon shifts occur between 9:45 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Troop Proceeds and Accommodations
- All troops* will receive an equal share of proceeds from cookies sold over the two-day event. Troop proceeds are $0.55 per package. Troops will receive these proceeds by check after the event, and the sales and proceeds will not be reflected in eBudde.
*Four Juliettes will be combined to form one troop.
- Packages sold at this event will not count toward girl incentives and recognitions for the 2012 Cookie Program Activity.
- Each girl who participates will receive a special recognition item only available to girls who participate in this opportunity.
- Each adult who participates will receive a special thank you item.
- Each troop will receive four girl and three adult commemorative t-shirts to keep and wear during the booth sale.
Lottery Process Details
- The instructions will be posted on River Valleys’ website the morning of January 19.
- The online lottery will open on January 19 at 6:00 p.m.
- You will have until February 3 at 6:00 p.m. to complete the online lottery form.
- Selected troops will be notified via telephone by 6:00 p.m. on February 10 if they have been chosen to participate in this opportunity. Please note: because of the overwhelming number of entries we anticipate receiving, only troops who have been selected will be notified via telephone. Troops who have not been selected will be notified via email.
If you have questions about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. More detailed information about this opportunity will be published on River Valleys’ website on January 19.