Are you a volunteer that is ready to go beyond the troop activities with girls, like cooking a meal and planning an overnight? Complete Girls Cook In (1.5 hours) and Girls Sleep In (2 hours) at the same time by taking Staying In.
Staying In is a three-hour training session that includes information on:
- Indoor and outdoor activities to do with girls
- Girl progression and readiness
- River Valleys’ policies and Safety-Wise
- Leave No Trace principles
- River Valleys’ properties
- Menu planning and packing gear with girls
Participants in the Staying In session also have the opportunity to practice activities they could do with their girls, collaborate with other volunteers and gain new ideas.
Find Beyond the Troop trainings, including Staying In. A self study option also exists for both Girls Cook In and Girls Sleep In. By completing these two modules, you will have completed your prerequisite to Girls Cook Out and Girls Sleep Out.
Comments are closed on this blog post. Please contact us if you have questions or comments for our staff.