On Sunday, May 22, 2011, North Minneapolis and the surrounding community experienced devastating severe weather and a tornado. As families regroup, individuals and organizations across Minnesota are already extending their generosity to their North Minneapolis neighbors. River Valleys received inquiries from Girl Scouts in our region asking how they can help.
We are happy to report that the policy that prohibits Girl Scouts from raising money for other organizations has been temporarily suspended.
It’s important that monetary donations be made to reputable organizations that have systems in place to support the ever-changing needs in North Minneapolis and the surrounding communities. If you choose to raise money on behalf of another organization, please ensure the following guidelines are followed:
- A money-earning application is completed and submitted to River Valleys.
- The time period for this special money earning opportunity is limited to May 25 through June 22, 2011.
- Money-earning guidelines are followed. With the exception (limited time only) of the policy that prohibits Girl Scouts from raising money for other organizations.
- Donations are made and limited to one or more of the following organizations:
- American Red Cross
- Salvation Army
- Minnesota Helps – North Minneapolis Recovery Fund
Questions can be directed to email@example.com.