As a new leader, you are required to attend certain training sessions within the first four months of being appointed. In addition to required training, River Valleys also offers exciting opportunities for leaders and other volunteers to expand their Girl Scout knowledge through enrichment training and adult education conferences.
Some ongoing enrichment sessions River Valleys offers are the Extra! Extra! for Girl Scout Leaders and Take Action Training sessions.
- Extra! Extra! sessions focus on grade-level characteristics, and how to work with Girl Scout journey books.
- Take Action training emphasizes how to take community service to the next level, and Girl Scout highest awards.
- Visit the Leadership Training page for more information.
Adult Education Conferences are another way River Valleys brings enrichment training opportunities to leaders and volunteers. These one-day or weekend-long opportunities provide numerous chances to network with other leaders, share ideas, attend training sessions, and build Girl Scout connections.
- In May, we will host the Outdoor Conference at Camp Singing Hills.
- Lakamaga Conference, which is held each year at Camp Lakamaga, will take place in August.
- Visit the Outdoor Conference page and the Lakamaga Conference page for additional details and to register for these unique training opportunities.